Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Goodbye Sky

With the arrival of Freeview, a digital tv broadcast in NZ, I did not see the point in paying Sky TV $20 per month just in case I wanted more. I called to cancel, and they told me I had to give them 28 days notice (what a complete crock). Apparently that is buried in the terms and conditions I have never seen.

Anyway, since I attempted to cancel the service, I have received two rather feeble letters from them. The sentiment expressed in them is "we miss you, what went wrong" in a really cheesy way. I don’t really see the point in sending me such mail when the only contact method mentioned is the 0800 number. As an about to be ex-customer, I can’t imagine why I would want to ever call that number and try to find a real person that actually remotely cared about why I have stopped. The very concept seems quite ridiculous.

I think they need to consider whether these awful win-back attempts are producing results other than the opposite of their intention. It is exceedingly close to harassment.

No comments: